The causes of hair loss can be varied and they can result in temporary or permanent baldness. Poor diet, stress, illness, and excessive grooming are common reasons of temporary hair loss.
However, in many cases, hair loss is permanent, in which case, it can be stubborn to reverse. Fortunately, there are ways to stop hair loss from getting worse or slow down its course.
Here are hair loss tips to help you cope:
1. Lean Meat: Lean meat is a great source of high-quality protein. Hair is basically made up of protein. To keep it from damage, add a good amount of lean meat to your diet. Low-fat, heart-healthy, skinless poultry breasts are not only good sources of protein, they are rich in iron and zinc as well.
2. Tender Loving Care: Being gentle with your hair means that you should follow a good hair care regimen as well as avoid harsh and excessive grooming which may steal the natural moisture and body of your hair. When hair is wet, it is not advisable to use a narrow-toothed comb to remove the tangles.
3. Veggies: Peas, carrots, cauliflower, soybeans, and dark green leafy vegetables are very good sources of nutrients that are essential for the hair. Include vitamin such as the B vitamin complex and minerals such as iron, zinc, and copper.
4. Topical Application of Caffeine: There are studies that have been claiming the efficacy of caffeine in stimulating hair growth when applied topically. Caffeine reduces the effects of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) to the hair follicles. DHT triggers androgenetic alopecia or pattern baldness in men and women.
5. Supplements: Taking vitamins such as B-complex, A, C, E and minerals such as zinc, copper, and iron will ensure a good supply of nutrition for the hair follicles.